Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Our cousin Lisa Cooper

We have a cousin, Lisa Cooper whom I "met" over the internet over 13 years ago when I first tried to tie down our family tree using Ancestry.com. That system is amazing. It somehow linked us after our trees converged.

While I gave up trying, Lisa has plugged away and has an awesome site over on Ancestry.com. Go check it out. Lisa organizes family reunions and has graciously kept me up to date with her family's activities.

Our Tree, like this blog, is still under construction but I need you all to go over there and update it when you can with your own information.

I've emailed Lisa asking her for advice and hopefully our trees will again converge and we'll have a rich history of all of our families!

1 comment:

LisaDCooper said...

I am so excited about this Blog. Thanks Deborah!!! I have l-o-n-g-e-d to get to know more about my Daughtry family. I really appreciate you encouraging others to visit our tree at, Ancestry.com. In order for anyone to edit information at the site, I will need to add each individuals email address. Please feel free to correspond with me.

I pray that you will pull together a Daughtry Reunion in 2009, and that I will be blessed to attend. Likewise, I hope that Daughtry family members will attend a July 2010 reunion hosted by descendants of Willie Mae Lovett and Samuel Gary Williams---my g-grandparents. It is an ambitious plan that is extended to, and inclusive of, all our kinfolk and friends.